Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Product Management Department
Innovative Interfaces (www.iii.com) is a leader in providing Web-based automated library systems. Innovatives library automation systems are installed in more than 1,100 libraries in 41 countries around the world. The company is headquartered in Emeryville, California, with offices in Australia, Canada, France, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
This position involves technical management of new products and technologies under development in Product Management. Working closely with the Product Managers, the Product Engineer handles a variety of disparate duties. Product Engineers work independently and without set procedures to implement and integrate new development being done at Innovative. Reporting to the Product Manager for general Millennium issues, Product Engineers will:
· Provide first line support for customer sites beta testing new software and take responsibility for the beta test in the absence of the Product Manager.
· Participate in software design meetings and troubleshoot beta software both inhouse and at customer sites.
· Interact directly with customers during the beta test.
· Coordinate and work closely with staff in other departments during beta, handoff, and general release to support products.
· Excellent analytic skills
· Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
· Independent decision making in an ever-changing environment
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Research skills
· Problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Experience with one or more of: UNIX, Windows O/S, XML, Oracle
· MLS or equivalent experience
· Familiarity with library practices and procedures and library systems
Please send letter of application and resume:
MAIL: Innovative Interfaces Inc., ATTN: Job Code: PE
5850 Shellmound Way
Emeryville, CA 94608
WEBSITE ADDRESS: http://www.iii.com
Innovative Interfaces is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer